A resounding round of applause greeted these talented Bomanite decorative concrete craftsmen. Bomanite proudly presents the Annual Decorative Concrete Project Award winners! The Bomanite Annual Conference was held in Snohomish, WA, in March which culminated with the Annual Banquet Dinner where the awards were presented. It was wonderful for everyone involved to meet in person once again, to see maskless smiling faces, and to get jeans and hands covered with concrete. If you want to create phenomenal decorative concrete, you have to create muscle memory by getting your hands involved. The concrete craftsmen gather annually to learn hands on new trade techniques, business strategies and exchange ideas with Bomanite Licensees from around the world.
With a vast knowledge and years of experience, these Bomanite Craftsmen define decorative concrete. Strong. Durable. Artistic. Creative. Bomanite Licensees work on anywhere from multimillion-dollar commercial projects to affordable residential housing, new builds, and improvements, and everything in between.
Texas Bomanite received the Best Bomanite Patène Artectura Project – GRAND AWARD for their stunningly gorgeous work on the Hotel Drover in Fort Worth, TX. Using our Bomanite Coloration Systems Patène Artectura and Bomanite Modena SL with Chemical Stain, Texas Bomanite was able to achieve a consistent and beautiful look throughout the many diverse architectural areas of the hotel. They provided decorative concrete flooring in the hotel lobby, levels 1 & 2 of the offices, levels 2-6, the event barn bar area, outside the event barn restrooms, and stained concrete columns in the event barn.
Carolina Bomanite Corporation, Mt. Holly, NC, received the Best Bomanite Imprint Systems Project GOLD AWARD for their pretty and professional craftsmanship at Courtyard Marriott, Greenville, SC. Using the Bomanite Imprint Systems Bomanite Bomacron Patterns Running Bond Belgian Block, 10” Boardwalk, and Slate Texture, Carolina Bomanite created decorative concrete for multiple amenity and entry areas. This project was underway prior to COVID and was delayed during construction for approximately one year. The diversity, yet cohesion, of the installation of the patterns is literally enchanting and breathtaking.
Bomanite Licensee Colorado Hardscapes received the Best Bomanite Exposed Aggregate Systems Project GOLD AWARD for their distinctive decorative concrete work at the Market Station, Denver, CO. Using Bomanite Exposed Aggregate Systems with Bomanite Sandscape® Texture, Colorado Hardscapes achieved an unforgettable eye-catching decorative concrete pattern on the paseo that draws the eye directly to the chevron pattern. The paseo is located where one would normally find the alley. There were innumerable technical challenges that came with this project including having to coordinate the snow melt system so that decorative sawcuts didn’t cut through the tubing that ran beneath.
Colorado Hardscapes also captured the Best Bomanite Toppings Systems Project GOLD AWARD for their unbelievable achievement at RYE SoBo Apartments, Denver, CO, of creating the Clark Richert Abstract Art in decorative concrete titled: Four Color Intertwine – 2021. Using Bomanite Toppings Systems with Bomanite Micro-Top XT, the art piece was brought to life with fifteen different colors, and each color is surrounded by a saw cut to add to the crisp lines and enhance the dimensional look. Richert originally wanted to use embedded mosaic tiles in concrete to create his piece, but once he saw how vivid and solid Micro-Top XT could make each section, it was absolute that Colorado Hardscapes utilize that product instead.
Bomanite Licensee Premier Concrete Construction took home the Best Bomanite Custom Polishing Systems GOLD AWARD for their dazzling decorative concrete work at Colonial Theater Keene, Keene, NH. Using Bomanite Custom Polishing Systems with Bomanite Modena TG Epoxy Terrazzo they were able to achieve stunning results on the flooring, pre-cast cove base, and pre-cast stairs and risers. All included two colors and a diamond strip pattern. Supply chain issues that would have delayed the project for five months after the scheduled to begin forced Premier Concrete Construction to set up their own shop to pre-cast 300LF of cove base and the full set of stairs and risers per spec.
We’d like to thank all the Bomanite licensed contractors who submitted entries for this year’s award contest. The Bomanite Decorative Concrete Annual Project Awards has been a tradition for more than 50 years for Bomanite Licensed Contractors to submit their outstanding projects. Bomanite Licensees compete among the best of the best to be recognized for their hard work and creative talents. The winners are announced at the Bomanite Annual Conference, held in various cities from year to year. This is a taste of artwork and craftsmanship in the decorative concrete market that can be achieved by the Bomanite network of decorative concrete craftsmen. Additional awards were given for Silver, Bronze, and Honorable Mention categories. Please take a look at the award-winning projects.
2021 List of Bomanite Award Winners
Bomanite Imprint Systems
- HONORABLE MENTION: Carolina Bomanite Corporation – The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery – Charlotte, NC – Bomacron Pattern: Running Bond Belgian Block
- HONORABLE MENTON: Connecticut Bomanite Systems – Branford Route 1 and 2 Roundabout – Branford, CT – Bomacron Pattern: Ashlar Slate and Herringbone Brick
- BRONZE: Connecticut Bomanite Systems – Downtown Danbury Transit Oriented Development – Danbury, CT – Bomacron Pattern: Medium Ashlar Slate, Soldier Course Belgian Block
- SILVER: Beyond Concrete – Dennis Collins Park – Bayonne, NJ – Bomacron Pattern: Circular Cobblestone/Granite Texture, 11-inch/6-inch Boardwalk
- GOLD: Carolina Bomanite Corporation – Courtyard Marriott – Greenville, SC – Bomacron Pattern: Running Bond Belgian Block, 10” Boardwalk, Slate Texture
Bomanite Exposed Aggregate Systems
- HONORABLE MENTION: Colorado Hardscapes – McGregor Square – Denver, CO – Bomanite Sandscape® Texture Exposed Aggregate System
- HONORABLE MENTION: Heritage Bomanite — Maravillosa Senior Living – Fresno, CA – Bomanite Sandscape® Texture Exposed Aggregate System
- BRONZE: Bomanite Toronto – Sunset Drive Private Residence – Toronto, Ontario, Canada – Bomanite Sandscape® Texture Exposed Aggregate System and Bomanite Sandscape Refined Exposed Aggregate System
- SILVER: Musselman & Hall Contractors, LLC – Stowers Institute for Medical Research – Kansas City, MO – Bomanite Sandscape® Texture Exposed Aggregate System
- GOLD: Colorado Hardscapes – Market Station – Denver, CO – Bomanite Sandscape® Texture Exposed Aggregate System
Bomanite Toppings Systems
- GOLD: Colorado Hardscapes – RYE SoBo Apartments – Clark Richert Abstract Art – Denver, CO – Bomanite Toppings System Micro-Top XT
Bomanite Specialty Project
- HONORABLE MENTION: Bomanite Artistic Concrete – WestStar Tower at Hunt Plaza – El Paso, TX – Bomanite Specialty Project – Specialty Walls
Bomanite Custom Polishing Systems
- BRONZE: Premier Concrete Construction – Laflamme Residence – Etna, NH – Bomanite Belcolore Custom Polishing System and Bomanite Modena SL Custom Polishing System
- SILVER: Musselman & Hall Contractors, LLC – Westview Elementary – Excelsior Springs, MO – Bomanite VitraFlor Custom Polishing System
Bomanite Patène Artectura Project – GRAND AWARD
- GRAND AWARD: Texas Bomanite – Hotel Drover – Fort Worth, TX – Bomanite Coloration Systems Patène Artectura with Bomanite Modena SL with Chemical Stain